So you want more strands of hair on your head. Taking about hair, the truth is, that density or thickness of hair is mostly pre-observed, however, you could have thinner hair than you should have due to how you take care of your hair. Hair fall indeed has become one of the major problems which is bothering people during their quarter-life crisis. No doubt losing hair is a common problem nowadays. As hair is considered as an assest that helps a person look better balding or thinning hair is a problem that many want to correct as soon as possible. But we neglect the fact that there are a lot of natural remedies which we can use at home to retain our hair thickness.
Reasons of Thinning of the hair:
- Natural (aging)
- Unhealthy diet
- Overuse of hair products
- Reactions or allergies to chemicals
No matter what is the reason behind it but it is quite possible to help your hair look naturally thick by using very simple products at home. The natural remedies discussed further may help in thickening thin hair:
First Things First
Get a check-up.
While it’s rare, sometimes fine, thinning hair can be caused by a medical condition. If you’re observing large amount of hair falling while taking a shower, if your scalp is getting patches of hair loss, it can be because of a disease called androgenetic alopecia. Whereas if we talk about the genetic condition it can begin in your 20s. It is noticed that 50% of all women also face some kind of hair loss by the age of 50. This stage of alopecia is generally rooted in genetics. There are medical problems that relate to hair loss include problems like thyroid, iron deficiency, Anemia and a spike in male hormones but all of these can be treated.
Your hair is what you eat
You can actually improve the quality of new growth by eating a better diet. Your diet should be rich in proteins, iron and vitamin B. Good foods for hair included lean meats, leafy green vegetables, egg yolks, fruits and vegetables. Experts also recommend cooking with coconut and olive oil; avoiding coffee, alcohol and tobacco; and limiting the consumption of processed and refined foods, which can deplete vital nutrients from the body. And drink plenty of water, which will keep the strands that you do have supple and sleek and you’ll end up getting thick hair.
Trimming to the rescue
Periodic trimming of your hair can help you a lot. Constant exposure to sun and dirt gets your hair dry and damaged resulting in split ends. Trimming your hair once every 6 to 8 weeks removes the damaged split ends and let your hair nourish and thicken.
Get a vitamin supplement
Vitamins plays a very important role in thickening your hair. There are vitamins marketed specifically for skin, nails and hair. Supplements are just an asset but they will not make up for a good diet but if you are lacking in something, they’ll make up for that deficit so make sure that you eat healthy.
Try massaging your scalp.
Healthy circulations of blood helps in keeping the scalp healthy where hair growth begins, and massage can be easily done. Massage is very helpful in thickening of your hair. Make it a habit to regularly do scalp massages to circulate blood flow into those follicles hair. And trust me this really works. Massage is a very important thing. Use a high quality, low density carrier oil mixed with the best essential oils into your scalp.
(Use essential oils)
The best oils for massaging scalp are bhirngraj, jojoba oil, olive oil and avocado oil. The essential oils for increasing hair thickness are: rosemary and ylang-ylang.
- A regular protein treatment is necessary to have stronger and thicker hair. Egg is the best ingredient is for the protein hair treatment
- Use one to two eggs, according to the length of your hair, and beat them properly. Afterward apply the mixture on wet hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Wash your hair using lukewarm water and shampoo which you use. You can apply this treatment once or twice a week.
- One other option is to mix together one egg yolk, one spoon of a hair oil whichever you use and two poons of water. Apply this mixture to massage your scalp. Use this protein treatment once a week to have thicker hair.
- With the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and exfoliating properties available in Indian gooseberry is helpful in maintaining a healthy scalp and better hair growth rate.
- Take one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry or amla powder and mix with two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat until boiling. Massage with the oil onto your scalp before going to bed at night. After waking up shampoo your hair. Do this once a week for better results.
- You can also take the AMLA ( Indian gooseberry fruit) and its extract as a dietary supplement for a good health and healthy and thick hair.