Hair transplant is the latest craze not only for those who have lost their hair to untimely fall but even for them who want to alter their hairlines or acquire an attractive mane. A hair transplant procedure provides results that look and feel so natural, no one should be able to tell if one has had the procedure done. You must be thinking that are hair transplants really safe? Does hair transplant last? To know about it; keep reading.
There are two main techniques of hair transplant based on the way the follicle units are extracted. They are the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The FUT technique is also known as the strip method. Both these methods involve surgery and so proper advice is imperative in order to decide the best method of hair transplant.
- FUT METHOD
In the FUT method, a strip of scalp is cut out from the back of the head and is dissected into individual grafts.
ADVANTAGES OF THE FUT METHOD:
- It helps in covering large patches of baldness on your scalp with fewer sittings.
- It ensures lesser resection rates with better results compared to other methods. However, the result largely depends on the skill of the surgeon.
- FUE METHOD
The FUE method of hair transplant, on the other hand, involves taking follicular units from the back of the head one by one by cutting around it with a tiny specialized machine and then removing them. The FUE method is comparatively tedious and may take a few hours, but becomes painless after a few numbing injections are given.
- ADVANTAGES OF THE FUE METHOD
- It does not involve any stitch, incision, or pain
- It ensures that the donor area normalizes within two days
- It gives natural-looking and permanent results quickly
- It involves minimally invasive techniques
- It ensures speedy recovery in most of the cases so that patients can get back to normal activities within a day.
Above mentioned are the 2 techniques used for hair transplant. As long as the best hair transplant method is concerned, it is said that the FUE method is better for patients in all the way and especially those who don’t want any scars post-surgery. It also seems like a better solution for young patients who might require only a minor treatment and also for those who have a tendency towards extreme scarring. At this point, if someone chooses to wear their hair short, FUE is known as the best method of hair transplant. To wind up, there is no best or right method of hair transplant for all in common. Each of the methods has their own merits and demerits. So, the method differs from person to person. The best decision can be given to you by the surgeon after the consultation.