Hair transplant surgery, as we all know is a very delicate procedure. So once you undergo that long-awaited surgery which
Hair transplant surgery, as we all know is a very delicate procedure. So once you undergo that long-awaited surgery which will get hair back on your head and you’re ready to gain the confidence back, we must tell you that that’s when your real work starts. Yes, till now whatever has been done was surgeon’s work but now it’s you on whom depends the results, on how you treat your scalp and how you take care of it. We are telling you all this for a reason and you and your surgeon have put a lot of energy in doing this surgery. And you must pay attention because you have invested your money in this and because of this you’ll get your hair.
For what to do and what not do after your Hair transplant surgery, read the instructions below.
WHAT TO DO
- Make sure someone is accompanying you to drive you home after surgery is done. Because driving yourself home after the surgery is something not advisable by the doctor.
- Do follow the instructions given to you by the surgeon.
- Do shampoo your skin very gently in the first week after the surgery.
- Do save clinic’s or surgeon’s contact number in your phone and share it with some family member, if required in case of emergency.
- Do keep your scalp dry on the first day to let it heal.
- Do take some painkillers suggested by your surgeon if you feel pain or discomfort.
- DO return to your surgeon’s clinic two days after the procedure to have the clinic remove any bandages and for them to wash your hair.
- Do not bend down or do in any lifting for at least 2-3 days after surgery to avoid bleeding or swelling. Keep your head and upper body straight above the level of your heart for 2-3 days, especially when sleeping.
- DO sleep in a semi-upright position and use around 2 pillows for the elevation of head on the first night after the surgery. Do the same for 2-3 nights after surgery. This position is important to avoid any excess swelling on your scalp.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Do not consume any alcoholic drink for three days after your surgical procedure. Drinking alcohol may thin the blood and cause bleeding.
- Do not smoke for three days after the procedure.
- Do not take VITAMINS, ASPIRIN or IBUPROFEN or ARTHRITIS MEDICATION for at least 3 days after your procedure.
- Don’t get involved in any physical fitness activities after the surgery.
- Don’t lean or bend forward in the first week of surgery.
- Don’t go in direct contact of the sun after the surgery.
- Do not swim in the water containing chlorine.